Thursday, June 13, 2013

Super Summer Challenge, among other things

I have a friend that is doing this little challenge over the summer months, it ends August 31.  The goal is to work on your body as well as your mind.  I love this- this is definitely an area that goes hand in hand.

You have items, she starts you off with some and you can create others that are specific for you, that are put into point categories.  It's really helpful in keeping the eye on the prize....given that you have prizes (that you pick) for the half-way mark of 5,000 points and then a grand prize at 10,000 points.  My prizes are the following: 5,000- I am going to get a 2nd ear piercing (this is the hole I want to have a gaged/stretched- not huge, just a step or 2 up from a basic piercing) & 10,000- there is a pair of Asics sneakers that I've been eye balling and would be great for my workouts.

This may be a quick update- completely drained.  Tonight I had a session with Alpha- he kills me, I always feel great after my workouts.  It gives me a nice little boost when we have to increase the weights after the first set of just about every exercise.  I don't know what it is about this round of training, but it's different.  Not sure if it's me, the trainer, my body- I definitely feel different this round...in a good way.  I keep saying it - hopefully making a self-fulfilling prophecy- it's going to be the round/year that this gets done.

Today I took a look at my super summer challenge points lists- my mind points were really low, not too much down time mentally (need to work on that) and my body points were out of this world.  I need to find more balance.  Which some of those mind points include cleaning around the house- which I desperately need to do.  I need to declutter...I feel very claustrophobic in the house.  Too much junk.  I need to sell, donate, trash stuff.  Now if I just had the down time to do this.  I work nights...my coworker called us vampires- pretty fitting.  I find it very hard to get motivated during day time hours.

What are ways that you motivate yourself to get things done?  I give myself a little goal/prize.  Example: I get the room vacuumed, laundry started, and laundry put away I then get to make myself some popcorn and watch a movie.

I also am going to be starting a new Bible study- this will be something I listen to in the car, or if I have down time at home.  I am very excited.  I think this will definitely help me find some balance.  I miss being able to go to Bible study.  A group of friends are actually holding their own Bible study. 

I'm done- this update is all over the place, no real flow or topic.  I attempted but failed- too tired to focus.  Hopefully next update will have more of a flow or a topic to expand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment