Monday, June 24, 2013

Slowly black out

I have inadvertently been doing a low carb diet.  Well, I shouldn't say inadvertently- I was doing it on purpose but more in the aspect of reigning in my eating.  This has always worked for me in the past- I really watch my carbs (in the sense of pasta, rice, bread, crackers), always having one meal with none.  The days that I train I try to really beef up my amount of food and liquid because of it being in a warehouse I know it's extra stress on my body.

Last Friday I hit a brick wall of sorts.  I have been feeling very out of it that whole week - exhausted, all I was doing was sleeping in between times of running errands/eating.  One night I slept 10.5 hours and was still ready for more sleep after breakfast.  I actually did nap for about 30 mins before work.  It's ridiculous!  Well it was at it's absolute worst Friday.  I was training with Alpha- who even said when I walked in he could tell I was only there because I had to be (not good!)- and I was lightheaded/dizzy which was usual for the week.  I just made sure to go slow and steady and take water breaks.  It was really bad that I wasn't sure I'd be ok for work after- I was scared of the drive home after my shift.  I had already had a scare earlier in the week- I was not in the mood to tempt fate.  I tried my hardest to get my shift covered...to no avail.  I tried to finish my session but I looked at Alpha and was like I gotta stop.  Right then and there it took all that I had not to cry.  I was in that exhausted state where you just want to collapse and cry for no reason.  Not long after I said stop I started slightly seeing dark spots, getting shakey and my leg started bouncing (which if anyone watches me enough is my tell of when I'm at my max in anything).  We recounted what I ate that day and he said I was way too low on carbs and mixing that with my exhaustion I was really coming close to messing up my body.  He was nice enough to give me some of his liquid carb supplement (mixed it into my water- which side note: they lie when they say there is not a taste- there is and it is not good).  It was perfect, quick raise in my glucose.  It wasn't until I was more stable before he would let me leave.

Although through this debacle I had one of the best conversations:

Alpha: You want to move to the front? By the fan?
Me: No- can't really get up
Alpha: Want me to carry you?
Me: Really I'm ok, both of us don't need to be broken
Alpha: I'm a big boy I can handle it

And no- he did not carry me. We may revisit that once I'm smaller :P

So I've spent this weekend trying to keep up with my food- if only to keep eating every 2-3 hours so as not to completely screw myself again.  The exhaustion is still there unfortunately so I've been trying various energy drinks to keep me up enough to keep me out of trouble behind the wheel and at work.

I am very excited - my vitamins finally came!  I have been waiting for a while but with recent events I was super anxious for them.  I took just one today (supposed to take 3 tabs/day) to ease in as I can be sensitive to vitamins.  Seemed to work well at first (may spread the 3 out through the day- at meals so I keep the flow).  Come 1:45am crashing hard.  I was eh on my way to work at 7pm and was drinking my Monster which helped combat it for a while but now it's getting harder.




I'm excited- they are made for women who exercise & train.  I feel like Alpha trains me harder than I have trained in the past.  If only for the fact that he seems to have more exercises that he can think of in his arsenal for days that something hurts.  I loved my other trainer- he was great, effective but I think like everything in life: you grow, you change and require different things.  I am determined to show the first trainer that I can get this done- as long as you believe in me, and not ditch when I plateau- it can get done.  I feel like this is my time.  This time I will stick with it and things will change.  I enjoy working out more than ever this round.  Before I enjoyed it more in the social aspect than the exercise.  Now, I still enjoy the social aspect but I am more excited about the gains I am seeing in my weights that I lift and work with.

Tomorrow- or today is another session with Alpha.  I will be increasing my vitamins to 2 tomorrow since there was no nauseous feeling today, eating more- even if that means waking up to eat just to go back to sleep until time to go.  Ready to get this exhaustion under control!

What are your goals for Monday to make it a better week than last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment